1. Why did you choose to work at CIP?
– I chose to work in CIP because I want to apply and practice what I’ve learned from my university in my major. Moreover, I like the school’s environment, its staff since it’s very accommodating and friendly. I love learning the different cultures and traditions of various nations which is also the reason why I came here.
2. What do you do to improve your students’ English skill?
– I basically let them express their own ideas and to do that I have to encourage them that making mistakes is okay because they can learn from it. Also, I let them feel comfortable in my class.
3. What subject do you like teaching the most? Why?
– I especially like teaching, speaking and writing since I believe that those niche what I am good at. It’s also challenging because I have to input other subjects such as vocabulary and grammar for them to write and speak properly or to improve generally.
4. What do you do to improve or maintain your good English skill?
– I read scholarly articles and watch English films regularly to help retain and add vocabulary. Sometimes, I write something to practice such as poems, articles or even a diary!
5. What advice could you give to students to improve their English skill fast?
– It’s not easy but also not impossible to learn English fast. First, of course, you have to use the language frequently or all the time. Don’t use your native language; Instead replace the words into English. Read a lot of books in English. Use a dictionary and thesaurus, Watch English films and try talking to someone who is fluent with the language (this can be done online or personally). Also, think positive! You can do it!