1. Why did you choose to work at CIP?
– To teach in CIP was a choice I knew I made right. It has made me grow in my teaching and shaped my views about students, teachers, learning methods and although it is not deep and wide, I have had a glimpse of some education systems.
2. What do you do to improve your students’ English skill?
– I expose students to opportunities where they can ‘produce’ the language confidently. If a learner desires to be better at speaking, then he should speak more, the same thing applies to the improvement of their other communication skills. With proper and sufficient assistance and the freedom to express their ideas, the students would be able to make significant development in their learning.
3. What subject do you like teaching the most? Why?
– I like all the subjects I teach however, I am to a great extent challenged and interested in speaking and writing. This is simply because in my view, there is excitement when language learners can creatively put into practice the inputs stored in their minds.
4. What do you do to improve or maintain your good English skill?
– Constant CORRECT practice has substantially helped me. They said “Practice makes perfect.” but that just proves it is never enough. If we practice in the RIGHT way we bear the RIGHT fruit. Besides that, I realized that when someone has an ignited desire to learn, communication skills will continue to enhance.
5. What advice could you give to students to improve their English skill fast?
– There will always come a recurring moment ,sometimes even longer, that exhaustion and disappointment with your pace in your study of English will hinder your way. That is a part of it, that is normal. However, remember that no matter how little or huge the steps you take as long as you are heading north, you are in the right track. Be patient with your own speed, be patient whenever you make mistakes, be kind to yourself as a learner. They all serve as lessons, beauty and inspiration in your development. One day, you will be grateful you did not discontinue.