フィリピン クラーク 留学
1. Why did you choose to work at CIP?
– CIP is known as an institution that caters quality education for students from different parts of the world who want to learn or broaden their horizon with the use of English. The school is a great venue for teachers to develop,master and impart their knowledge about the language while learning other countries’ culture. It is not just the students who learn but also teachers. Because of this environment, I think CIP is a good place to spend half of my everyday and I’m happy to be a part of it.
2. What do you do to improve your students’ English skill?
– I strongly believe that fluency comes after confidence so that’s the first thing I usually focus on. I let my students express themselves and share their thoughts more often for them to improve their English. Confidence is an essential part of communication and English as a language is a tool for communicating. Without the courage of opening your mouth to speak English , how would you attain fluency?
3. What subject do you like teaching the most? Why?
– Speaking and writing are my favorite. Listening to and reading students’ opinions and ideas is quite interesting. These are also the subjects where I see how much the students have improved and I may assess what should we focus on next.
4. What do you do to improve or maintain your good English skill?
– I try to expose myself with English materials such as movies, documentaries, books and music. I also speak English as often as I can even outside CIP. We all know that Philippines has its own language but English is its secondary language, so if I would speak ,it people would understand and we could start a conversation even if I wouldn’t use our mother tongue.
5. What advice could you give to students to improve their English skill fast?
– Learning it and using it goes hand in hand.Try to speak or use English as often as you can even if you think you’ll make some mistakes. Studying it overnight and expecting yourself to be fluent the next day is impossible.Learning a language takes time and patience.